Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Thing 3 of Rudaí23: 23 Things for Information Skills

There are two types of people in the world, those that like pubs decorated with job lots of de-accessioned library books and those who are appalled by the idea.  I happen to be a type 1, as I see this fashion as both a perfectly good way to upcycle unwanted titles and an excellent insulator (as I suspect was the purpose in the image posted below).  However, when an interior designer redecorates a pub with wall-to-wall shelves of books and it is then renamed The Library, I do find it distressing to take an interesting-looking book out of an immaculately neat line of books to find that it has been cut in half to fit!

Thing 3 is about using imagery, and the task is to post an image to one’s blog.

Pixabay has been my go to image bank over the last year or so when designing event invitations and web postings.  Pixabay is a source of free images with no attribution required and contains photos, illustrations and vector graphics.


So I’m posting this pic because it caught my eye and because it reminds the viewer that in this born-digital age, printed books still possess aesthetic qualities discrete from the information they contain.  



1 comment:

  1. Hi Gwen, Great post and I really like this quote, and would like to use it on @Rudai23 Twitter later, "printed books still possess aesthetic qualities discrete from the information they contain". Looking forward to reading the rest of your posts.
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete